Silver, a font for games
A downloadable font
Please read the License section before use!
Thank you for your interest in Silver, the premiere multi-language pixel font for games and game-likers. Silver has TRC and Lotcheck compliant gamepad buttons built right into the font, alongside a full keyboard and mouse prompts! No more overlaying images onto your text fields!
This is an on-going project and will be continuously updated with new Unicode Glyphs. The goal is to be the defacto font for pixel games and applications. Please consider a donation when using Silver in a final project.
What games are using Silver right now?
Silver, or its predecessors were used in:
- 「What Lies in the Multiverse」(All languages)
- 「Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters (mod)」(All languages)
- 「World of Horror」 (All languages)
- 「Blazing Beaks」(All languages except English)
- 「Super Skull Smash GO! 2 Turbo」(Japanese, Korean)
- 「Bones 'n' Bullets」(All languages)
- 「Halloween Forever」(All languages)
- 「Garden for Gato」(All languages)
- 「Jack Move」(All languages)
- 「ComPressure」 (All languages)
- 「VA-11 HALL-A」(Japanese)
- 「Exquisite Ghorpse Story」(All languages except English)
- 「Ruin of the Reckless」 (All languages except English)
What Languages and Glyphs are supported?
We've made a helpful sticky to list all of the Unicode blocks, along with some notes for each. You can find it here.
My CJK Character is missing or broken! Help!
Please report all issues with CJK Block Characters in this thread, including additions, updates, and spacing fixes. This is an ongoing part of the project. There are a great many CJK characters, so please be patient!
I need glyphs added immediately!
Please secure a direct License (info below) to receive priority support.
Author: Poppy Works, Wolfgang Wozniak
Minor Contributors: minipete
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) This license allows adaptations of this work to be shared in any way, and this work to be used commercially, as long as it's attributed to Poppy Works. This font is free* for personal and commercial use. Please email us if you are using the font in your game! We'd love to feature your game here~!
* However, if the budget of your production exceeds $100,000 USD in total spend or earnings, or if you require urgent support, please contact email@example.com to license this font.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- GMS2: FF00–FFEF rendering issueMar 31, 2021
- CJK Update #8Feb 09, 2021
- Hangul Y-Placement UpdateFeb 08, 2021
- CJK Update #7Nov 23, 2020
- Cyrillic UpdateOct 02, 2020
- CJK Update #6Jul 08, 2020